In our online zoom class, learn this popular, but tricky technique by knitting either Andrea Mowry's Harlow hat, Vintage Prim or Old Port. This class is best suited to intermediate knitters. Prerequisites include confidence with knit, purl, yarnovers, decreases, increases and circular knitting. Please only choose the Old Port if you are already familiar with brioche.
Please read Tips for Navigating Online Classes to prepare for and have the best possible experience with our virtual zoom courses.
$75 plus materials
Please call (604-874-9665) or stop by the shop to register.
All correct materials are available for purchase at Three Bags Full and can be picked up from the shop or shipped out via Canada Post.
For the brioche sample swatch we make prior to the project in class 1:
• 2 skeins of high contrast worsted weight yarn (for the brioche sample swatch and not the pattern-can be leftovers from your stash or you can buy 2 colours of Quince and Co. Lark)
• 4.5 or 5 mm 24" circulars to work brioche sample swatch
• stitch markers -triangle stitch markers are best and they come in Cocoknits Flight of stitch Markers •darning needle, scissors
• knitter's pride cable needle (metal hook-shaped) for correcting mistakes
For the class project:
•For Old Port: 1 skein of Marsh Mohair (for lining), 2 high contrast skeins of Rustic Heather Sport, 16” 3.25 and 3.5 mm needles and a set of 3.5 mm dpns
•For Vintage Prim: 2 high contrast skeins of Quince and Co. Finch, 16” circulars and dpns in 3.5 mm
• For Harlow: 2 high contrast skeins of Quince and Co. Finch, 16” circulars in 2.75 and 3.25 mm and dpns in 3.25 mm
from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Dates: May 25, Jun 01, Jun 08, Jun 15, Jun 22