Intro to Brioche: An Intermediate Technique Class
In our online zoom class, learn this popular, but tricky technique by knitting Andrea Mowry's Harlow hat. This class is best suited to intermediate knitters. Prerequisites include confidence with knit, purl, yarnovers, decreases, increases and circular knitting. If you would like more information about your knitting level and suitability for this class, please email the shop to contact the instructor.
Please read Tips for Navigating Online Classes to prepare for and have the best possible experience with our virtual zoom courses.
$75 plus materials
Please call (604-874-9665) or stop by the shop to register.
All correct materials are available for purchase at Three Bags Full and can be picked up from the shop or shipped out via Canada Post.
For the brioche sample swatch we make prior to the project in class 1:
• 2 skeins of high contrast worsted weight yarn (for the brioche sample swatch and not the pattern-can be leftovers from your stash or you can buy 2 colours of Quince and Co. Lark)
• 4.5 or 5 mm 24" circulars to work brioche sample swatch
For the class project:
• Copy of Harlow
• 2.75 and 3.25 mm 16" circular and a set of 3.25mm dpns
• 2 different colour skeins fingering weight yarn in high contrast colours (such as Koigu KPM or Quince and Co. Finch)
• stitch markers, darning needle, scissors
• knitter's pride cable needle (metal hook-shaped) for correcting mistakes
from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Dates: Oct 15, Oct 22, Oct 29, Nov 05, Nov 12